We will keep our website up to date with any relevant news.
If you need to contact the surgery, please remember:
- We cannot do prescriptions early or give you more 'just in case' - the pharmacies are struggling already, you do not want the pharmacies to be like supermarkets!
- We cannot give you an inhaler even though you had one 5 years ago when you had a bad cough 'just in case'. We know it is scary but lots of people really need these inhalers and if you get one 'just in case' they might be able to get one that they really need.
- We cannot give you paracetamol on prescription just because you cannot buy it over the counter.
- We cannot advise you whether you whether you should or should not self-isolate if you are at risk. We have a considerable number of patients, please follow the guidance available (www.gov.uk) as we are following the same advice.
- If you are due to have a routine appointment and we tell you it has been cancelled, please try and understand the unprecedented strain we are trying to get through. If suitable, you will be offered a telephone consultation with a clinician, otherwise will be asked to make contact at a later date.
Please do not shout at our staff when they cannot do these things. We will still make sure you get the medication you need and we will still provide the best possible care over the telephone, or face to face if absolutely necessary.
Every single person who sets foot in a healthcare setting from now on, is sadly entering a high risk environment, why would you put yourself at risk?
Remember all NHS staff are doing this to help keep you safe. Thank you for your ongoing support and co-operation.
Blood Taking Unit (Changes 07.04.20)
Covid-19 Resilience Support Line
WMC Covid-19 Update 30.03.20
Every mind matters has now released expert advice and top tips on how to look after your mental wellbeing if you need to stay home during the coronavirus outbreak. It also includes guidance if you are feeling worried or anxious about the outbreak.
Please visit: www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/