The following IT systems are in use at the practice:
- Referral Management - using NHS numbers in referrals
- Electronic Appointment Booking - the facility to book routine appointments online and cancel appointments
- Online booking of repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record - uploading details of your current medication and allergies to the national “spine” so that these are available for doctors involved in your care elsewhere
- GP to GP transfers - the electronic transfer of records from practice to practice when you re-register
- Patient Access to records - the facility to view your coded medical records online
If you would like access to your medical records enabled or would like to opt out of the local or national summary care record, please contact reception.
Sharing information in your medical records can help the NHS to provide better care and improve the services offered.
This information along with your postcode and NHS number are sent to a secure system where it can be linked with other health information. This allows those planning NHS services and taking part in medical research to use the information from different parts of the NHS in a way that does not identify you.
You have a choice:
- If you are happy for your information to be used in this way then you do not have to do anything. There is no form to fill in and nothing to sign. You can change your mind at any time
- If you wish to prevent this from happening or you have concerns, please visit www.nhs.uk for further inforamtion, or call the dedicated patient information line on 0300 456 3531