Patients on regular medication may obtain repeat prescriptions without having to see a doctor, until their medication review is due.
Repeats may be obtained as follows:
- Using SystmOnline via the link at the top of this page
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request including name, date of birth, address and items requested
- By ticking the requested repeat medication on the retained part of your prescription, & posted in the prescription box in Reception or in the post box on High Street (opposite AJs Premier Store)
Repeat prescriptions take a minimum of 48 working hours, please request your items allowing 7 days.
We follow NHS guidelines by not taking any prescription requests over the telephone.
Please be aware that your prescription does not transfer with you, you will need to book a telephone consultation with a GP for these to be put on repeat if deemed appropriate.
Register with SystmOnline
To register for access to SystmOnline, please complete and return a registration form with identification (such as a driving licence, passport, ID card or birth certificate).
Proxy access can be given to parents living at the same address as the patient with parental responsiblity (we will need to see a copy of their birth certificate) for children aged 12 years or younger. This access will automatically cease once the child reaches 13 years old.
Not Registered for Online Services?
Help with NHS costs:
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.