Social Media Policy
There are many social media plateforms that are widely used by both staff and patients. These include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. At Wootton Medical Centre we have a facebook page which can be accessed here (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE) which provides a range of useful information for our patient population.
Code of Conduct
Patients at Wootton Medical Centre are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct at all timesThe practice requires all users
- The practice requires all users of portable devices to use them in a courteous and considerate matter, respecting their fellow patients. Portable devices are not to be used during consultations
- Patients are not permitted to disclose any patient-identifiable information about other patients, unless they have the express consent of that patient
- Patients must not post any material that is inaccurate, fraudulent, harassing, embarrassing, obscene, defamatory or unlawful. Any such posts on the practice Facebook page will be deleted and the post reported
- Patients are not permitted to take photographs in the waiting room or areas where other patients are present, nor are photographs of staff permitted
- Patients must not post comments on social media that identify any staff
- Defamatory comments about our team are not to be shared on any social media platform. Legal advice will be sought and the appropriate action taken against any patient who posts defamatory comments
We have a separate complaints policy which patients are to use should they wish to make a complaint. We will only respond to complaints made to the practice in accordance with our practice policy. If a complaint is made on the practice Facebook page, it will be deleted.
Thank you for your cooperation.